28.4.05

Fictional Blogs

Darth Vader has a Blog. Who knew? It describes the Dark Lord's views of the events of the Empire Strikes Back. Right now, he's just sent the fleet into the asteroid field after the Falcon. It's been relatively entertaining, though obviously a fan work, and not official. It still stays pretty close to the source and gives a feeling of how Vader feels about a lot of things. It's all very interesting, and provides a cool little side story to the movie.

Boba Fett has one too, but though I haven't read it, I'm not sure it'll be as believeable as Darth Vader's, if that makes any sense. I mean, Vader struck me as having emotions that would be interesting to read about. Especially after Hayden Christensen's angst-filled portrayal of Anakin in Attack of the Clones, it's clear that he's got deep-rooted emotional troubles, and was quite open about them to Padmé and Obi-Wan. Once he became Lord Vader, though, he had much more trouble having personal conversations with anyone, his intimidating visage instilling fear into anyone. Of course, he liked it that way. He got loyalty out of fear. But a Blog provides him a change to semi-anonymously reveal his innermost feelings.

Boba Fett though, he doesn't really HAVE innermost feelings. He is cold. I think he likes to keep himself this way. It keeps him focused, and also keeps him from feeling any pain he might feel from seeing his father beheaded. You KNOW that is some sort of deep pain Fett has to deal with, but he wouldn't reveal himself through a blog. Oh well. It's fiction, so it's fun, right? I know I'll still read it, with a few grains of salt.

Moving from the real of science fiction blogs, I don't remember if I showed you guys the Supermodel Personals, but they continue to be mildly entertaining, and seemed appropriate for this blog about fake blogs.

Also, I'm inspired to make a blog of my character from that one big convo I had. I've become obsessed with that lately, it's a really cool idea in my head, I don't know. After I write the story, of course. Maybe I'll use that to start that blog, in fact... More ideas for my brain. I'll keep you posted. Laters.

No comments: