27.4.05

Where Am I?

Well, Lubbock, Texas, obviously. I was gonna treat you guys to another post involving where I plan to be in the future: I wanna move to Seattle or something, become independantly wealthy off my writting or what have you. Then my mind shot to the following quote by the greenest Jedi Master ever:
Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.
So, where am I now? I'm in college, and really not doing to well. I want to do something, but I feel like im in that limbo where there's no time to do anything really... So, I sit here, in limbo. Maybe I'll go about beating a few more of those optional bosses in Kingdom Hearts. Maybe I'll work a little more on those games I'm sitting in limbo in on PS2.

Off the top of my head, and in no order, the other (Not KH) PS2 games I'm currently in progress playing:

Prince Of Persia: Sands of Times - I dunno how far I am, maybe half way? I think I got lost though.
Final Fantasy X - I THINK I'm basically on the home stretch, but I can't be sure. I feel like I need to do some power leveling, or however it works in that game.
Final Fantasy X-2 - I'm not too far, and in fact I'll probably just start over after I beat FFX.
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 1st Level, just snooping... It's SOO slow to play.
La Pucelle: Tactics - I'm on the 2nd chapter, and this is actually pretty fun, reminiscent of my FF:TA days.
*At this point Greg went to rummage through his PS2 games drawer.*
Grand Theft Auto 3 - I made it to the 2nd island, but I can't beat the mission where I have to kill the first island's boss guy.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - I don't even know how you measure progress in this game. I think I managed to steal a tank, then I realized I could steal a couple of helicopters, and those are just too fun to resist. I'm not a criminal. I just like to fly. That's probably why I beat Ace Combat 4 in like four days and the rest of my games have been getting dusty for months.
Xenosaga Episode One: Something German - This is just another case of BORING GAME. I'm sitting in the 1st level, or maybe even the 0th. I think its a tutorial and I still am not interested. Ugh.
Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Collection - This was just a fun little thing. I love Sonic, and the ability to not have to mess with cords for my Genesis, plus the inclusion of all the old Game Gear games. I couldnt resist. I don't think there's really such a thing as progress here, I just get to goof around. I plan to beat most of these games though.

*Thinks.* I KNOW I have Sonic 3 & Knuckles complete 100% in cartridge form, but I'm not so sure about Sonic 2. The other games, which I KNOW I haven't beaten, include Sonic 1 (just never wanted to play this, the later two were much better), Sonic Spinball (I beat the GG version, but not the Gen), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (The VS AI on this is nearly impossible x_x) and Sonic 3D Blast (OW MY EYES!), plus a few Game Gear Games - Sonic The Hedgehog (natch), Sonic Labyrinth (another one which just hurt to play), Sonic Drift (kart racer, I beat SD#2 back on the GG, and it was significantly better), Sonic Chaos (Basic Sonic game, you get to control Tails. Oh yeah, ultra-mini anecdote - I got this game for xmas several years ago, and played to the last level with Tails, at which point my Game Gear's 6 AA batteries died on me. u_u), Sonic Blast (its like Sonic Chaos with funkier graphics, suckier gameplay, and Knux over Miles), and another version of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (not sure about the AI on this one, we'll see).

Wow, that's a big paragraph about all the GG games. Basically, they all SUCK! (Cept maybe Chaos.) To be fair, I knew the what Genesis games were going into it, and was genuinely happy with 6 out of 7 of them (I knew I didn't like 3D Blast cuz I'd played
it on computer, and MBM was a curiosity I wanted to explore). The portable titles though, were hidden on the inside of the case, deep in the back of the manual, like hidden nuggets of crap. What follows is the list of the 6 Game Gear Games I would have put in:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Again, natch)
Dr. R's MBM (I've gotten tired of spelling that out)
Sonic Triple Trouble (Sonic Chaos taken up 3 notches)
Tails' Adventure (This is the best black sheep for the Sonic series, and it pulled it off really well. I would LOVE to find this game again, just to play it again. It was so great)
Sonic Drift 2 (MUCH better than the first)
Sonic Spinball (This was enjoyable enough to me that I actually beat it at least twice, though maybe not with the emeralds. I could go through it again)

Okay, that's my dream team of GG Sonic games. Sonic 2 for the GG was overly hard, though I suppose it was better than a lot of the game that DID make it in. Ugh.

Also, why no Sonic CD? U_U

Okay, enough rambling about nostalgia. At least I didn't ramble about the future. Past beats Future, right? Thinks....
He who controls the Past controls the Future.
He who controls the Present controls the Past.
And he who controls the Future can get a flying De Lorean. ^_^ Night guys.

No comments: