18.4.05

Things Are Gonna Be Alright

For those of you whom I haven't yelled it too so far, Jackie and me seem to be back together, so I'm glad about that. Yay me. No more being a Clorbag. ^_^

Also, everyone, I'm seriously not into the stuff I wrote about last night. Not really. I don't need it to be referenced in every conversation I have from now on. Maybe, if you're really good, I'll write up a story of the dinner I was mentioning in it, but that's not going up on here. You'll have to ask me specially. And that is seriously the end of that, alright?

In other news, people complained about my buddy icon. For reference, it was this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Taken, of course, from this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Apparently, some people (*cough* straight girls *cough*) don't like looking at female belly buttons. Go figure. So, I must replace it with a new icon. I've selected, out of a strong field of pictures, ranging from the sexy to the cute to the awesome, two images to represent myself. The trick to selecting a good icon is that you only have a limited space to put it in. 64x64 is AIM's upper limit. So you need something that is spot on amazing, and instantly recognizable for what it is. People got confused by my old icon of the Tatu girls kissing, thinking one of them was a boy. So, I need some recognizable stuff. Like, say, a belly. Only not that, because people don't like it. So, my two contenders?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Insane Kool-Aid Man:
Taken from todays Applegeeks, I love the amazing image of Kool busrting through a wall. Unfortunately, when you get to 64x64, a video of Kool busting through the wall doesn't work. It's too tiny, too grainy, whatever. So here, I get the image of Kool, in Hawk's bad-ass art style, bursting through, and attacking a guy! And I think that all comes through here.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But the question is, how does it stack up to...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pichu spanking itself:
Sure, Pokemon is some 10 years old. I still play it though, and the sight of this yellow guy smacking his (her?) butt has its own unique hilarity. The problem lies in that the image is really a tiny looped video, and I can't save .gifs, so instead I ended up with a .jpg, but I think it translates rather well.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Right now, the Pichu has the place of honor, but only because I started selecting an image by searching though my saved images. Right now, I could almost go either way, given a proper push. So, feel free. Weigh in.

And I'll leave you on this note. If anyone asks, I am Thomas Jefferson, and I wrote the Declaration of Independance.

-----------

Edit@10:40

That last little quip at the end, based on an outrageous claim I made last night to a friend of Jackie's by the way, has given me a great idea. Consider this as part of your decision.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States:
How can you argue with him? He wrote the Declaration of Independance, and did all bought the Louisiana Purchase, and was the first man on Mars. I may be making things up, but still, he was pretty great, if not awesome. The picture leaves a little to be desired, but eh.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay folks, happy voting.

No comments: