11.4.05

There's Nothing Good On TV Anymore

They cancelled Kim Possible. Apparently Disney has a 65 episode limit on all of its cartoons. But it's not fair. Darkwing Duck got 91 episodes, Aladdin got 86, Ducktales got 88, and even The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh got 83, along with a long list of video releases, and then those movies. Sigh...

But yeah, the point is this: all the good shows are being cancelled. I was asked by my roommate to list any genuinely good TV shows still being produced. Here's my current list:
Teen Titans (That's running out of episodes, too)
The Daily Show
South Park
The Batman
Robot Chicken
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
MXC
I'm done. That's it. And The Batman is really kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel. I won't wake up to watch it at 10 or whatever on Saturday Mornings. I still enjoy reruns of many things. Star Trek, Futurama, Family Guy (speaking of which, new episodes come out early next month), and of course, Kim Possible. That's actually a lot of shows. But I can't think of a lot of NEW good shows on TV. I mean, really. I dunno. Oh fuck it. The longer I write this, the more shows I think of and add to the list. TV's fine. Nvm.

Consider this... Train of thought writing.

2 comments:

Sue London said...

But I *liked* Kim Possible!

I was also a big fan of Darkwing Duck.

"I am the Terror that flaps in the night! I am the raspberry seed you can't floss out!"
http://www.dailywav.com/0903/terrorraspberry.wav

Greg said...

Oh, yeah, I loved Kim Possible. How did I manage to forget that part of the post? It's been my favorite show for quite some time. I'm really disapointed that its being cancelled. It was such a great show. I could go on about it, but... I dunno, this isn't the time or the place.

Also, I have to ask: Who are you?