21.1.05

I Am NOBODY'S Messanger Boy

...I'm a delivery boy. (Couldn't resist)

Names have been changed to protect the innocent, blah blah...

So anyway, I'm talking to my friend Bill from NJ over AIM. (I know him through my step-brother, he's a cool kid.) And we're just shooting the breeze about whatever, I don't even know anymore, it wasn't important. Anyway, his exgirlfriend Kate, who I met when they were going out, and who I consider my friend, comes on, and asks if I'm talking to Bill. I am, so I tell her. She asks me to tell him I'm talking to her, and see what he says. I resist at first, but eventually it gets to me, so yeah, I tell him she wants him to know she's talking to me. He doesn't care, and asks me to ask her why he should, so I do. This pretty much disolves into them arguing back and forth. Simultaniously, she tells me he's an ass, and he tells me that she's annoying. I forward those messages, and finally can't take it any more. I don't want to be their latchkey kid. I don't want my relationship with anyone to be defined as "the guy who sends messages to X." These were two people I considered friends, and I wanted to stay that way with them both, and I didn't want whatever negative feelings they had between each other be thrown onto me. I don't think I was so out of line in asking that. Anyway, Kate still had more she wanted Bill to hear. She starts begging me to tell him it. And I refused. This time I was gonna stand my ground. She kept begging, and after two rounds of it, I got tired of it:

her: u telling him i said all that?
me: no
her: TELL HIM
me: im not telling him anything you say
her: i want him to know
me: then email him or something
me: im not gonna be your go between
her: tell him everything i said
me: im not telling him ANYTHING you say
her: plz
me: get that straigh
me: t
her: i need him to know
her: just this once
me: then find some way to tell him yourself!
me: im not gonna do it for you any more
her: so he will know this is good bye
her: greg plz
me: HE KNOWS ITS GOOD BYE
me: HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU ANY MORE
her: i cant he has me blocked
me: you're the one who wont let it go
her: U DONT HAVE TO BE RUDE TO ME


I quickly apologized. I didn't want to be mean, but she wouldn't listen, and I snapped. I had a momentary lapse in my cool, my usually friendly demeanor cracked, and I used captial letters. I'm sorry that I'm not budda. I'm sorry I can't be everyones lapdog 24/7. I'm sorry I GET PISSED OFF FROM TIME TO TIME! It doesn't last long when I do, and I always regret it. I never want any of my friends to feel that I don't care about them. They should all know that. Anyway. I've been agruing with her mom, another good friend of mine, about this.

I think, after two and a half hours of talking it over, I think we've reached something of an understanding. I really don't want to lose two good friends over something so stupid. Really, I think this is such an absurd situation. I've got two people pissed at me over two lines of CAPITAL LETTERS that I typed in the heat of the moment, and I spent the last three hours apologizing to her for it. Its just so insane!

Anyway, in other news, I recently fell for an old ex of mine. She's really sweet and nice and I really like her a lot, but I feel really happy that I was able to keep my head on and not do anything I'd regret, because I truely believe Jackie is the one girl for me, no matter how much I care about anyone else, I want you all to know that I won't let anything come between me and Jackie. I love her so much. Sorry ladies (and gents) who may like me. I know I'm extremely likeable, but I'm taken.

No comments: