12.1.05

Waiting

The Waiting. That's the worst part. The Calm before the Storm... Oh wait. Storm. Okay, Storm is worse than Calm. But next after that is the Calm. Actually, after the Storm is uaually a big Mess, which I have to Clean. So I guess the Calm is pretty good, actually.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a few things. I had three out of five classes today. Computer Science seems like more of same, basically. World History finally covers modern times, which is nice - most of my history classes so far ended either just before or just after the American Civil War. Yay history of the present. And Calculus... the good news is I don't need a new book. Bad news is... my teacher doesn't speak fluent English. Again. Sigh. Why can't I learn Math in English. No, I'm not a racist. I'm not some absurd isolationist who thinks that forigners shouldnt be allowed into America, or that they shouldn't be able to get the same jobs as natural born citizens. I just find it a tad frustrating to try and learn about Calculus, by many accounts the hardest subject I'll need to learn, even without the added pressure of having a language barrier to tackle too. Oh well.

Tomorrow is the other two classes - Chemisty and XL. I'll get my brother PJ tell you about the flaws of Chemistry, namely that the periodic table is a hoax. Too perfect, he says. And XL is study skills, I think. That's what I get for failing two outta 5 classes. *Shrugs.* This year... will be different!!!

Oh yeah, in non-academic news, I"ve been watching Smallville more and more often. Lana's little side plot continues to confound my tiny human brain, but I still have a big love for the superhero mythos. Any superhero mythos. True, Superman's about the worst hero ever, in that he's SO perfect. Oooh, I'm fast, and strong, and bullet proof, and can fly, and have ice breath, and heat vision AND X-Ray vision. That's just too much. Which is why in Smallville, everyone and their dog has a bit of Kryptonite jewelry, or a base that was made on a field of Kryptonite, or a car that was runs on the stuff, and I wish I was making that up. Anyway, today I tuned it on, and they had a guest appearnce by a young Flash. Yes, The Flash. And if you're surprised by that, I suppose I shouldn't tell you that young Clark Kent was on a first name basis with Lex Luthor, and even a high-school-aged Lois Lane appears on several episode.

Back to the matter at hand, though. The Flash was played by Kyle Ganner, and, since someone asked me the other day what my "type" was when it comes to guys, he's it. ^_^ Very cute. And he's a superhero, to boot. *Swoons.*

Okay, that's all for now. Class in nine hours, so... See ya.

No comments: