12.1.05

Pre-Class Jitters

School tomorrow. Starting at 11, I have Computer Science, along with a buncha other things. Sigh. I should be sleeping, but... I dunno. I got the writing bug. (I'm also waiting for Megatokyo to update tonite, and watching How High, a spoof of sorts on that movie Dangerous Minds, I think. Oh well. It's decent late night programming - i.e. best thing on.

Also, this has me worked up for some reason. My step brother wrote it. I hadn't gotten that far into it before finding several factual errors. And yes, I disagree with him on a lot of his opinions. I brought this up earlier, and he got upset with me for it. Sigh. If you're going to post in a blog, that should come with the understanding that someone out there won't agree with you. Putting your opinions in a public space should be like opening a dialogue. I honestly do get kinda bummed that no one ever reads this unless I ask them too. I'm not just talking to myself out here. I'm talking to anyone reading this. That's what it's here for. To start a dialogue about topics that are important to me. And, I'd hope, you guys too. Anyway, bottom line is: if you don't want people commenting on your opinions, don't TELL people them.

On to the article itself: part the first - religion. I've spoken about religion already. I don't follow Christianity. But I don't think that it's wrong, neccessarily. Just wrong for me. Sure, I've met some Christians who don't seem to be the best and brightest, but I never associated that stupidity with Christianity. Interesting fact. Half of all Americans are below average inteligence. I'd be surprised if a similar statistic didn't apply to Christianity too. And while some of his facts are off (the existance of dinosaurs isn't expressly forbidden under Christianity, and the Salem Witch Trials don't fall under the the First Amendment since they occurred before the Constitution was written) my major beef with him was his claim that people shouldn't vote by religion. True, people shouldn't vote along religous lines blindly. Of course, I think the same holds true for party lines. But when someone follows a religion, and TRULY believes it, then it becomes a part of their very being.

The media (and I think James as well) made a big hoopla over Bush winning in November due to voters voting by 'values'. To this I say "DUH". I value Bush's deciet and bull-headedness in the War in Iraq. That is how people make decisions. They assign values to options and choose the one they value higher, i.e. voting on "VALUES".

... I dunno. I'm randomly angry at people whining. I looked through the rest of his article, and its seriously just whining. I'm sorry I stress so much on this shit. I'm gonna still post this, as an example of me being stupid, cuz I do it a lot. Maybe I'll be able to learn from it in the future.

Anyway, ROD the TV finished DLing in 4 hours, I have class in 8 hrs, and I'm gonna sleep... now!

No comments: