10.1.05

To Do: Fix This Computer

I knew this computer was a fixer upper when I got her. I asked for her for that specific purpose. I just didn't know how bad it was. Here's a few things I need to get upgraded.

CPU: Current one is a Pentium III 450MHz. The one in my laptop was a P4, 2.66GHz. I'm hoping to get up to 3GHz on Chii.

RAM: Good news is I have three RAM slots. Bad news is the sticks currently are 64, 32, and 64, all of SDRAM, for a grand total of 160Megs of ram. I need to get at least up to 512 ram, hopefully even up to a gig or two eventually.

HDD: I need one with more than 10 gigs, lets just put it that way. 100gigs, though... That outta do nicely. ^_^

Video: I don't know much about this stuff, but I know its bad. I'm gonna be looking for a better one... once I find out about it. Anyone with any ideas... The current one is an NVidia 128, I think.

Yeah, I'm hopelessly clueless. If you have any reccommendations or hints or cheats or anything, give me a holler. That's all for now. Gnight.

1 comment:

Xaphon said...

If you plan on playing a next generation game like Doom 3, Half Life 2, or TES IV: Oblivion, You're going to need a NVIDIA GeForce 2 or better (my guess). A GeForce 4 would be ideal, since I can't see you affording a GeForce 6. (You didn't say you would be gaming but I assumed you would. If not, stick to GeForce 2). In any case, make sure whatever video card you DO buy is compatible with Direct X 9.0, the standard version nowadays.

Check out www.nvidia.com if you want. The site isn't very helpful, I'm just telling you what I know.