20.1.05

Yay, Parade?

Anyone else confused as to why Bush got a parade today? Did anyone else get a parade? If I remember correctly, I heard something about his last inauguration having something of an anti-parade. The man had to be driven all the way to the stage in his limo, as opposed to the customary walk. This year, nearly the entire city of DC, which it seems voted overwhelmingly against Bush, is shut down for a huge parade festival. Speaking of these little oddities, does anyone else out there see the Bush fans quoting his "Highest vote count," or whatever they call it, as a mandate from the people. Lots less people bring up the fact that the number two vote count belongs to John F Kerry. *Shrugs.* Oh well, I guess Bush won, I need to get over it and accept it. Sides, after his last term, what's the worst that could happen?

...o_o...

In other news, anyone paying attention to the Calista story will notice that I've changed Jake's last name to Thomas. The reason? I finally figured out why Jake Long seemed to click so well in my mind: Disney made a cartoon about him. He bears no relation to the character in my story (SPOILER!!! THE DOCTOR ON G.S. Calista DOES NOT TRANSFORM INTO A DRAGON!), but I felt that it would just be better if I didn't keep the name, since I was obviously influenced by the ad's Disney's been running.

I'm randomly tired lately. Not now, in particular, just overall. I had more I was gonna say on that, but I can't remember it. Instead I'll go by the other thing on my mind lately. The other night on Futurama, everyone got turned into kids. A young Bender shouted at one point to no one in particular "When I grow up I'm gonna be a steamshovel!" That's sorta how I feel. I wanna be a helicoptor. Or, a helicoptor Transformer. What can I say, I'm obsessed with the things, but the idea of being able to leap into the air, fold around a little and start flying around campus. It would save me so much time. I've even got my transform down, mostly. Prop blades on my back, arms become side turrets, legs fold into the rear strut, the works. In fact, I think I'm gonnna make a backpack right now. Well, not now. But soon. I need a helicoptor-transformation backpack/body suit.

OH MY GOD CHRISTOPHER REEVES GUEST STARRED ON SMALLVILLE THIS IS MINDBLOWING!!!

Ahem... Sorry, I'm done.

No comments: