18.1.05

I've Stopped Reading PVP

Piro's rant pretty much says why. Basically, for those of you who are lazy look around, the deal was that Scott Kurtz, writer of PVP, was congradulating Rodney Caston, former co-writer for Megatokyo (aka Largo) on the birth of his recent child. He then made the snide remark that the baby was "one creation Fred (Gallagher Megatokyo's current writer / Piro) can't steal." I'd never been under the impression that Megatokyo was stolen from Rodney, and in his responding rant which I linked you to, he explains the split between them. So, no it wasn't stealing. Okay, everyones happy.

Except the fans. Megatokyo is a pretty popular comic, and when someone attacks Fred, there's an army of readers ready to leap in and defend Fred's honor. Not that he needed it, but anyway, Scott wrote up a responce to the fans. It was the most insulting "apology" I'd ever seen. I don't care if he wasn't talking to me. Scott Kurtz has just proven himself an asshat in my mind.

So, yeah. Basically, I'm banning PVP from now on, and I'm asking that you guys do too. Asshats suck.

No comments: