12.12.05

Stupid Ad...

A lot of you have AIM, so you'll know where I'm coming from. Everyone who uses the legitimate client for AIM, and not some 3rd party thing like Trillian or something, knows about the ads that come with it. Just above your buddy list is a little advertisement box. I've been able to ignore most of them, but lately they've been getting more and more annoying. It started last Spring with the Classmates.com ad. A list of the 50 US States scrolled at a high speed each time the ad started up, which would eventually end at California unless you moused over it to stop it. This one really only pissed me off because at the time I was using an older computer that would slow to a crawl each time that came up. Or just whenever, but still, the ad didn't help. And I still have found it vaguely annoying.

Flash forward to now: Dec 2005, holiday season adds have started to pop up. The first was this red thing for the Gap. Whenever you'd mouse over it for whatever reason, it would jump out and expand to twice its normal size. X_X And NOW we've got this Ford advertisement that plays a video for no apparent reason whenever it feels like it. I just wanna make it go away!!! ;_;

I just realized that my blogs a little over 2 years old. I missed the 2 year anniversary. Sorry guys. Maybe I'll have something for you to celebrate with in a few days. Not like you care. Heh.

Eat time is now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sucks for you. I don't have that on my AIM. [Yes it's the real AIM program] :P

Greg said...

Grrrr..... *Jealous.*