1.12.05

An Apple A Day

I had lunch today, and along with my usual selection of entree, 2 sides (at least one of which is green) and a glass of milk, I decided to end off with an apple for dessert. I can't really see myself as getting enough fruit in my diet. I get plenty of wheats, dairy, meat, and veggies, but not nearly enoguh fruits that I can tell. So I grabbed this apple, because that's really the only fruit I care for. Lemme tell you, this was the most delicious apple I felt like I'd ever eaten.

Then I remembered something I'd heard a while back. Babies, if they are allowed to pick their own foods over the course of a week, will balance their diets automatically. This is because you're tongue will naturally find foods containing nutrients you need tastier. As I was eating this apple, I felt as if it couldn't get any better unless my father had sliced it for me himself. Now, my father has many flaws, and I'm not going to go into them now because I have neither the time nor disposition, but I do have to give him at least this - whenever he would slice apples for my brothers and me, they were always just wonderful, and I loved them. (Possibly because even then I wasn't getting enough fruits in my diet.

Anyway, so this apple was really spectacular, and that leads me to believe that I need to be eating more of them. I'm getting an apple at dinner tonight.

I've still got that paper I told you about due. It's over violence in video gaming. The great thing about English 1301 is that each paper in a cycle really builds on the last. My first paper was 400 words describing a problem. The second was 800 words describing the problem and presenting a possible solution. Paper three in the "Problem solving" cycle is 1200 words describing a problem, presenting several solutions, evaluating them and eventually coming to a conclusion. If you were paying attention, you'll notice that really each of those papers is really the last paper, plus 400 new words about something. So, theoretically, I have 800 words written out, and I only need to slog in 400 more about another problem, or something. Unfortunately, I also need (it's not REQUIRED, but its one of those things they strongly reccomend, so it might as well be required) five sources cited in my paper. Do you think they'd mind if I took four of them from random gaming web sites? Anyway, I've really gotta rewrite the whole she-bang, so wish me luck.

Today is December 1st. I love this month, for many reasons. I like the weather. Snow is really fun, and I'm mildly disappointed that I don't get to play in it much more. I was, of course, born in this month (23 shopping days left till my birthday, people!), and there's Christmas. Part of that is simply me being greedy. There are two days right next to each other where I get a shit load of gifts, which is always nice. And the run up before it involves going out shopping for other people, and activity I also enjoy because I get to hint very un-subtly about what people should get me. But also, I really like being with family. I am very, very blessed to have a strong and loving family (on my mothers side at least), and sometimes I feel almost guilty that I know people who don't have the same blessings as me. I really wish I could share the way I felt with them. I guess the best I can do is wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Haunnukah, or whatever. Season's Greetings, everyone. This year I'll try to keep my good happy feeling going throughout the whole of 2006, too. ^_^

Also, today marks the two week mark until winter break for me. Two weeks from now, I will be back in Austin, relaxing with friends and family, or more likely scrambling to get everyone Christmas gifts before we depart to Murphresboro, Tennessee on the 22nd or so. One week until finals season, and despite me taking five classes this semester, I'm blessed with only having 3 exams that week, so I've got a pretty relaxing schedule ahead of me. Wish me luck anyway, though. I also, currently, have 67 dollars in my food account for school. I think that means that if I don't buy anything other than lunch and dinner at the university for the next few weeks, I'll squeak on by, and only starve on the weekends. X_X Again, wish me luck.

Okay, I'm gonna go read, I think. It's all part of my 12 step "Make Greg Better" program.
Step 1: Be happy.
Step 2: Eat right.
Step 3: Read more.
Step 4: Be with people you like.
Step 5: Finish steps 6-12
x_x

So long!

No comments: