1.12.05

Urban Legends And Also The Regular Kind

I was looking through the Megatokyo forums and found this, and I'm ashamed to say I legitimately believed at least this claim:
"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace."

That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.
I'm such a tool, cuz then I found this: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Politics (Quran). Oh well.

Also, someone needs to check this out for me, too:
Open Microsoft Word and do the following:

1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.

2. Highlight the Q33 NY.

3. Change the font size to 48.

4. Change the actual font to WINGDINGS
It's supposed to do something, but I don't have Word, so I dunno.

In other news, you all should totally check out Jackie's and my new book club thingy. It's awesome. Go there. Now!

No comments: