23.9.05

Inconsistantancies

Hurricane Rita is about to hit. For those of you who may be worried about me, don't be. I'm in north Texas. The coast is at least a day's drive from here. From what I hear, people as far as Austin may get winds up to 70mph. My mom, who grew up in Amarillo, calls that "a slight gust", so they should be fine too. So don't worry about me, or anything. I'm hurricane proof, unless one forms in Tulsa. O_O

Lessee... Big day today. I've got a calculus test in about 15 minutes. Wish me luck. Then I gotta get to work on a C++ assignment. Shouldn't be too hard, now that I've actually downloaded the right compiler. *Sigh.* I hate Microsoft's compilers. I learned on a Borland C++ compiler. Lemme use one of those.

If that isn't enough, I have an exam in C++ on Monday, and a major programming assignment due soon, too. This wouldn't be so bad, but he's given us a lot of our notes in the form of downloaded PowerPoint files. Whee. I get to study from my desk at home. Problem is, I don't have PowerPoint at home. I'm using OpenOffice, not Microsoft Office. Damn Microsoft and their incompatibility. They continue to smite me and my open source devotion.

Okay, 10 minutes to the test. I guess I'd better head that way. Later folks.

No comments: