13.9.05

Weird News

Police find 8 Ohio kids locked in cages

Just another little bit of randomness for your life, as I look through the news. By the way, before you ask, it wasn't me. My cages are well hid- I mean I would never do such a thing. *Fixes his halo.* Besides, I've never been to Ohio.

I don't know why, but especially after yesterday, I've been very interested in what's going on the world. I'd really like to become more informed. I've had Google News as a home page for a while, and it's interesting, occasionally. But honestly, the Daily Show is not supposed to be a source of news. I'm glad that I am well informed; I think I get more of the jokes that way. But not all news is funny. Also, I'm a little upset at the fact that they're doing a week long special on evolution. That's gonna get old fast. X_X

I dunno if I've ever mentioned my stance on evolution before. I probably have. But now seems as good a time as any to repeat it. If you ask me, science in general, and evolution in specific, are not contrary to religion. Religion is not meant to answer how things happened. That's science's job. Conversely, science simply cannot answer the biggest question of all: Why are we here? That's a religious question. Science tells us how. Religion tells us why. Of course, I've met more than a few people who disagree with me on one or more more of those points. Feel free to let me know if you do.

No comments: