29.9.05

I've Gotta Fever...

...And the only prescription is more cowbell! Holy crap I am very glad I've found this. I have completed my life.

For some reason, my chemistry professor has been flakey lately. Last night I had my first chemistry test. So I got there at just about the right time, sat in the auditorium style room (my old Calculus 1 room, actually) and waited for the test to start. I managed to use a few of my own improvised meditation techniques (for some reason I carry a lot of tension in the back of my head, and it feels good to concentrate a litttle and relax that a bit) and was able to ignore the roar of the other students, and to some extent not mind the tedium of sitting in that room for 15 minutes for no reason. And yeah, it turned out that there was no test to take. After about 10 minutes past the hour, a student who's grasp of English, while indeed laughable, was no doubt better than mine on his native language, wrote the following up on the board:
In 10 min.
if he not here
we go home.
That got a laugh from the room, but it didn't come to that. After another 5 minutes, students started coming in from outside with reports of botched copies and a bicycle accident of some kind. The details were fuzzy, but we got the message: Go home.

I was overjoyed, cuz I got to run over to Mad Hatter's, the games store that Wizards' site says will be running a release tournament for Ravnica. Of course, what should happen other than I get there and, as I really should have known before. I live across the street from the place, I've passed it a half dozen times already. It's closed. It's been closed. Outta business. Completely empty. So... I'll check out Black Dog again. They did the Unhinged one I enjoyed last year, maybe they'll do it again. Otherwise, I'll just buy a fat pack and a theme deck from them or something.

Anyway, so the chemistry thing was a big mystery. I was expecting to hear about what happened last night. So I sat down. And did my meditation, and after 10 minutes, there was no Professor Blake. So, I came home, and now I am here, writing my blog.

And watching the West Wing. Speaking of, this needed quoting:
"I get drunk when I drink too much." - Leo McGarrity.
See?

Sigh, I'm bored now. I may lie down for the next episode of West Wing. I'm cold. Someone gimme a blanket. ._.

No comments: