19.9.05

Learning Is Fun

I found an article about the Three Laws of Robotics on Wikipedia. If you've never seen this, you really should. Not just the laws, though they are interesting, and contain the following quote:
"Three Laws of Rowboatics":

1. A Rowboat may not immerse a human being or, through lack of flotation, allow a human to come to harm.
2. A Rowboat must obey all commands and steering input given by its human Rower, except where such input would conflict with the First Law.
3. A Rowboat must preserve its own flotation as long as such preservation does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
No, I wanna get you guys hooked on Wikipedia. It is quite possibly the most useful thing on the Internet. Seriously, people always ask me to look things up for them. I can always give them a semi-quick answer thanks to Wikipedia. It's all part of my mind-enriching new diet.

Seriously, I just found 111 rules for Wedding Crashing (from the movie). This is one of the best online resources ever. Between this, dictionary.com, and good old Google and it's little add-ons, there is no fact I cannot find. I'm only waiting till bandwidth and storage allow me access to any television clip I need. Then I can be like Wade from Kim Possible. I would rock at that job.

Speaking of jobs: I've been told by the same person that I would be good as both a clown and a priest. First off, I'm not a clown, I'm a fool. Secondly, I'm not religious. You'd need to give me a LOT of alter boys to convince me to take up the cloth. [/Joking] But yeah, I dunno, I like being a fool. I enjoy making other people happy. I'm good at it. I'm not good at being religious though. I know just enough about God to be dangerous, then damned to Hell for all eternity. I like the fool carreer path better, thank you very much.

A couple of other entries I was looking at today:
List of Portmanteaus
RoboCop

I saw that movie the other night (RoboCop, not Portmanteaus - though when that comes out, I wanna be first in line). It's so awesomely cheesy and everything. If it was a novel, it would be required reading for all K-12 students, simply out of awesomeness. Or if movies were assigned instead of books. Something like that. It's great if only for the cheesyness.

Speaking of great things we should force all schoolchildren to read - The Hitchhikkers Guide To The Galaxy. I found out one of my friends loved the movie but had made no moves to read any of the books. This is inexcusable. Every American, nay, every English speaker on the planet, and any of those other languages it's been translated into, needs to read these books. At least the first one, I guess. But yeah. Read it. H2G2. Now.

And remember: "Rule #21 - Definitely make sure she's 18."

No comments: