12.10.05

Clop Clip

I had a dream last night that someone for the news wanted me to walk down the stairs. It was the most stressful stairs-walking experience of my life.

Walking on its own has become a bit of a challenge for me. "Clop clip." That's the sound I make as I walk down the hallway. I got some new shoes a while ago, and I decided to bring them along with me. You know, so I'm not just going around in sandals in the cold Lubbock winter. Anyway, the shoes are bad. I don't wanna complain about it, I mean, theres nothing I can do to fix it. I set myself up for it. Limping on its own makes me feel guilty, because its enough to let everyone around me know that yes, I'm vaguely invalid, but its not pronounced enough to make anyone who doesn't know me (a.k.a. anyone at all) ask what's bothering me. Oh well. I'm tired.

"Clop clip."

EDIT: I never did mention why I'm limping, really. When I said the shoes are bad, I meant that they rub against my heels. My left heel particularly (maybe that foot is bigger or something). I got a blister there, and even now that it's gone, I still have a little wound or something right there on my Achilles Tendon, which, when walking, tends to hurt. I've been trying my best to keep off it though, and only walk when I absolutely have to, hoping that it'll heal a little quicker that way. But yeah, since I first wrote this, I've gone from trying badly to hide the limp to having to walk about barefoot on tip toes because of the pain. x_x.

No comments: