6.10.05

Fear And Loathing

I have an enemy. James. I dunno if he's really my enemy, but he sure doesn't like me. I guess that makes him my enemy. Or I'm his? Im not quite sure how it works. I looked it up, thought: someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else. I guess James then is my enemy. In any case, I recieved what amounts to a death threat from him. He doesn't want me going near him any more. While I'm not going to disturb him any more, and I do realize he is very serious in his requests for me to desist, I'm not going to stop visiting my dad and my friends in New Jersey because of him.
Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil
I don't believe any harm will befall me. It's as simple as that. I'm gonna stop counteracting every little thing James says, but I'm not going to live my life in fear of him.

I do disagree a lot. I asked Matt tonight at dinner if he thought it was too much. His answer pretty much went like this: You're never wrong to voice your opinion. If you say somthing that's wrong, though, you should be prepared to have someone tell you so. As I told James earlier, wrong things need correcting. My mistake in the issue, however, was forgetting that where James is wrong is not simply in his logic, nothing I can argue against. It's in the very thing he keeps harping on, his mental instability. He is broken inside and all I am doing is twisting the broken parts. If I'd been able to look past my own computer screen, I might have realized this. Like I said, I was wrong for continuing to debate the issue regardless of the person on the other end. I don't debate people. In my mind, I debate positions and stances. It's all very logical, but not something that most people are considering on their end.

Anyway, again I apologize for pushing against you too hard James. Take care. Even if you consider me an enemy, I consider you a friend.

No comments: