9.10.05

A Pig Who Won't Eat Jews?

So it's been a few days. What all have I been up to? RAVNICA!!! I got a fat pack on Friday. I was looking forward to a new D20, but no such luck. I got a card shaped life counter instead, which was kinda cool, but yeah, it wasn't the die I wanted. Poo. I also got some packs, nothing really amazing, though. The set is cool, but nothing amazing, I'd say. I went to the release tournament at Mad Hatter's, and that was actually enjoyable. Out of about 24 people, I made it to the top 8, which was nifty. I went 3-1-1 in swiss, after drawing into the top 8. Of course, I wasn't good enough to make it to the final 4 or anything, so no prizes for me. *Shrugs.* I got a door prize (another card-shaped life counter), and had a generally great time. A whole lot of close games, including one where I stupidly brought myself down to 0 cards in library for no reason. X_X I was looking for a removal spell that wasn't there. Oh well, I won that game anyway.

While I was there, I found out that they run other tournaments. Fridays are Friday Night Magic (Nah, really Greg?) and Saturday nights are booster drafts. I don't have the money to put out $12 a week for booster drafts, but I do have it in my budget to get into the free Friday tournaments, so I'll try to show up there as much as possible. *Nods.* Also, they've got an Extended PTQ on Dec 3rd, which I must go to. If I win, (which I probably won't, but IF I DO!) I get free tickets to Honalulu for the Standard Pro Tour Event there, which may be exciting. Wish me luck.

In other news, it's been rainy, and I've been bored. I've had a kinda bad day, everyone telling me how crap my Ravnica rares have been, and little things reminding me of how broke I am, or how I suck at such and such aspect of life. Ah well. I just wanna curl up and be left alone, but I'm too nice to say anything directly to anyone. Oh well. I'm gonna go and be nice to all my friends. See ya.

No comments: