18.10.05

Links Are Fun

James should look into them. But yeah, I've been quoted, which is LIKE linking, only without all that annoying Hyper-Text Mark-up Language. For reference, and just to set up some perspective, he pulled his quote from an entry about BREAST IMPANT MUSIC PLAYERS. Good choice of subject matter there. I won't deny though that yeah, I argue a lot. I present my opinion when I find an opening. If there's a discussion going on, simply agreeing gets boring to me, especially if the prevailing opinion seems to be wrong to me. As Matt put it, said earlier here, "You're never wrong to voice your opinion. If you say somthing that's wrong, though, you should be prepared to have someone tell you so." Maybe Matt's just as weird as I am, though. This is hardly a conclusive study here.

Speaking of inconclusive things, and this is from the passage that James actually quoted himself: "More than half of Matt and my discussions about who was in what movie, or something really trivial like that, arise in the cafeteria...." So these aren't really debates, so much as hey, who sung this song that's on the radio? How many movies were Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider in together? Random stuff like that. It's hardly policy debate. Even when it IS policy debate, and we do have a few of those, we keep it civil, like I was trying to do with James, too. He was the one who saw my self-defence as a persistant attack. I was just trying to quote the Lion King. I didn't want to make some big thing out of it until James used it to prove that I was totally immature for liking the Disney Channel.

Really, I thought this was done with when James blocked me totally from his site. I'm almost inspired that he's reading, my blog. Some sort of communication is open. He may not read it as avidly as I check his for open posts, but I guess he just hasn't discovered the wonders of RSS links and the likes. I swear by them myself. Hint for those of you using Firefox - it's that orange button in the lower right of the window. Click it and you get a live, self updating bookmark feed. It's nifty, eh?

Okay, well, talk to you later. Including you, James.

No comments: