30.11.05

Beauty, Jokes, and Saying Goodbye

This entry is about three vastly different topics that are related for no other reason than I've got all three bouncing around my head today. When I am done I will take a nap

First off, I've recently (in the past couple of days) noticed that the Tech Campus is exceptionally beautiful. I'm really proud to go to a school that looks this good. In my opinion, and I'm probably biased, it looks better than Princeton. So suck on that, Tigers.

Lately I've gotten into a bad habit of telling and recieving jokes badly. For instance, look at this. My comment was, as I say there, intended as a joke. It came out not so much, mostly because my sense of humor is so dry that it's not noticable, doubly so online, and then triply so on the page of the girlfriend of a guy who, last time I checked, has a personal KOS order for me. But you know, I felt like I had to say something, so I said that. One of these days I'm sure I'll learn better.

Now, I'm not saying that I was in the right in this situation. Far from it, I realize where I made my mistakes, and I've tried to apologize, and whether or not the apology is accepted are the sole business of Kaylee. My concern is that, well, I concider myself a funny guy. I try to anyway. I like making people laugh. And I take great pride when I get someone to smile or feel better because I said something funny. So to hear from two seperate people in one night that what I intended as humorous was taken as an offence, well... I'm a little worried that I'm losing my touch. And really, that's all I'm good at is being a random fool online. It's why I'm so well liked (I hope). If I lose that, I don't know what's left of me. I've already lost James as a friend because he took what I said far to seriously. I don't want that to happen for any of my other friends, to...

Eh, the last note was something about the statement "I'm gonna let you go" to say goodbye on a phone call. If someone says that, it SOUNDS like they're trying to set their friend free from the burdon of being on the phone, when really, its the other way around. The person saying that is trying to be set free. Ugh....

Did you ever get to writing something, and then one thought lead to another, and then another? And you find out something about yourself that you didn't know before? I think I just did that. I'm gonna go lie down.

No comments: