4.11.05

RAINBOW POWER

No, this doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality.

I was reading this week's Saturday School on MagicTheGathering.Com and saw this question:
Q: Is it possible to have five colors in one deck? --Faisal

A: Absolutely. Some formats, such as Prismatic and Rainbow Stairwell on Magic Online as well as 5-Color in the world of paper Magic require players to have all five colors.
I'm thinking, "Possible? Yes. Advisable? Not really." So anyway, I went on to thinking about the few 5 color cards that have been made. Atog-Atog. Chromium. Karona, False God. Even the ever popular Last Stand. The one that always stood out in my brain though, is Coalition Victory. Basically, if you're supporting the full rainbow, you win. Getting a land of every type into play was a bit tricky, though. Now of course, we have the Ravnica block dual lands, which have two basic-land types each. Suck it, shakey mana base! Throw in some Farseeks and Wood Elves for land fetching, and then some big multicolored creatures for fun... I have a couple of Atog-Atog's, so I could go with that, and then a full compliment of little togs too for fun. I'll chew on this idea for a while, but yeah, it looks like fun. Yay Domain Deck!!!

No comments: